Melbourne: Accounts Manager
Job Title: Accounts Manager
Pay: $1500 AUD per month (Internship Stipend)
Where: Melbourne, Australia
Start Date: Feb/March 2016
Duration: 6 months
If you love startups, beautiful product design and Australia… this is the job for you! You’ll be challenged with an exciting and fulfilling role in representing this multi-award winning lifestyle product design company in finding new retailers by honing your sales and business to business communications skills.
Accolades about the company:
- Won 3 major awards for design and best product in the past 1.5 years in business
- Featured in numerous major magazines and newspapers including: com.au, The Age newspaper (Australia’s leading national newspaper)
- One of the top 10 most successful projects in Australia on Kickstarter.
- Showcasing in international trade shows, the most recent in the 2015 summer in New York
You’ll be working with smart business mentors that are already sought-after speakers for entrepreneurial and design events. At a fun, supportive and creative environment, you’ll have lots of opportunity to be mentored by a great team, voice your opinion and ideas and learn how to apply your business skills in the most liveable city in the world!
- Source new retailers (ie: wholesalers who would buy their product and then sell it to the end consumer) and maintain relations = client management.
- Social media skills and execute SM plan
- Potential to work at tradeshows for buyers but also to end users (travel may be required)
The ideal candidate:
- 6+ months of demonstrated professional marketing and social media experience in a workplace
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills is a must
- Understanding of customer acquisition strategies
- Exceptional social media skills and experience in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work independently and autonomously
- The capability to be creative with content
- Friendly, mature, hardworking and fun!
- Proactive in problem-solving and troubleshooting
- The patience, motivation and perseverance to learn and overcome challenges
- Passion for good, functional design and a genuine curiosity for design trends and ideas!