Add an international presence to your workplace.
Finding well-qualified and enthusiastic candidates that compliment your business isn’t always easy. For over 20 years, we’ve been helping companies just like yours with cultural solutions. Alliance Abroad Group recruits on your behalf, screens participants for your specific qualifications, and ensures that participants are prepared for your business and their experience in the United States. We offer quality support around the clock to you and your participants for the duration of the program. In addition, we monitor all placements to ensure that the work experience meets regulations and the expectations outlined in the job offer.
J-1 Summer Work and Travel
The purpose of this program is to provide foreign college and university students with opportunities to interact with U.S. citizens, experience U.S. culture while sharing their own cultures with Americans they meet, travel in the United States, and work in jobs that require minimal training and are seasonal or temporary in order to earn funds to help defray a portion of their expenses.
J-1 Intern and Trainee
The primary objectives of the programs offered under these regulations are to enhance the skills and expertise of exchange visitors in their academic or occupational fields through participation in structured and guided work-based training and internship programs and to improve participants’ knowledge of American techniques, methodologies, and technology. Such training and internship programs are also intended to increase participants’ understanding of American culture and society and to enhance Americans’ knowledge of foreign cultures and skills through an open interchange of ideas between participants and their American associates. A key goal of the Fulbright-Hays Act, which authorizes these programs, is that participants will return to their home countries and share their experiences with their countrymen.
Why Partner With AAG?
With over 20 years of experience in the international cultural exchange sector, we understand that navigating the frequently changing visa rules and regulations can be time consuming and detract you from your business. Alliance Abroad Group acts as your partner to do it all–recruit, place, train, and provide support. We hand-pick participants from our world-wide network of partners from over 40 countries to ensure you get the most qualified and diverse set of candidates.
When you partner with us, you benefit from:
- a variety of customized recruitment solutions to ensure fulfillment of your seasonal staffing needs
- qualified participants that are available anywhere from 4 to 18 months
- a proven process for screening, recruitment, and preparing participants
- built-in program inclusions like health insurance coverage for participants, the processing of their paperwork, and 24/7 support throughout the employment term
- the potential opportunity to join us on an overseas recruitment trip to interview students face-to-face and personally select your employees
We do our best to ensure that:
- Each candidate is screened in advance for English competency and experience/education relevant to the industry in which they will be placed.
- We recruit the best applicant(s) based on your business needs and requirements.
- All paperwork and communication required for visas is properly and efficiently administered. We stay on top of immigration legislation developments to ensure efficient process with your participants.
- Our staff is available to help you and the participants throughout the program.
- 24/7 emergency support is available by calling 1.866.6.ABROAD / 1 (866) 646-7887
- All participants receive a pre-departure orientation to help prepare them for the program and set proper expectations.
- We are available to assist you with housing, Social Security cards, ongoing support and evaluations.
Cultural Exchange in the Workplace
Engaging and assisting our host companies to promote and highlight cultural exchange is an ongoing focus, and one we are building on for this year and the years to come. We encourage all host companies to provide as many opportunities as possible for participants to interact with Americans on a social level. Therefore, we at Alliance Abroad Group are eager to share with our network of U.S. employers, business owners and human resource professionals a collaborative best practice tool kit when it comes to understanding, promoting, and facilitating community outreach and cultural educational exchange events.
I have to say that one of my favorite things about my job is the fact that we utilize the J-1 visa program because I get to see different cultures come together and it is such a beautiful thing. I just overheard a conversation between a Ukrainian student and a student from Thailand talking in English about school, their families, their pets, and their cultures. It’s a great reminder that people and life are the same no matter where you are from and that compassion for others is very much alive in today’s youth. We all have different backgrounds and obstacles, but it’s all about whether or not you’re a good person on the inside. It’s time to bring back and celebrate love!
– Adrianne Newman (Host Company)