How do I join?
The first step in joining this program is to fill out an application. Once you have filled out the application we will do our best to match you with an International Participant according to the preferences listed on your application. We will share with you, your International Participants information, so you can contact them directly and arrange a time to meet with you.
If I join, what will I be doing with my International Participant?
Throughout your program, you are encouraged to invite your International Participant over for family dinners, holidays, and other various social activities. The main purpose is to create a sense of home and community for your International Participant in Sandusky while providing you a wonderful opportunity to bring a different culture into your home.
Expectations & Guidelines
Friendship Families are expected:
- To maintain regular communication with their International Participant- returning phone calls, emails and other forms of communication within 24 hours
- To meet with their International Participant at least twice a month
- To be flexible when it comes to scheduling meetings with the International Participant.
- To respect traditions, religious and political beliefs of their International Participant
- To facilitate a cultural exchange (share their culture)
- To be flexible in perception of another culture
- To complete participation surveys/ evaluations and provide feedback to AAG about Friendship Family program
Friendship Families of the International Participants will not be asked:
- To house their International Participants
- To provide financial support to their International Participants