Teacher Exchange Programs - USA
Develop your teaching career through the J-1 Teacher Exchange Program
Alliance Abroad Group is a U.S. Department of State-designated sponsor for J-1 Visa Teacher Exchange Programs. The program provides foreign teachers (non-U.S. citizens) the opportunity to develop their professional careers while enjoying direct exposure to U.S. culture and society. Through this visa program, experienced teaching professionals with a qualifying degree may teach in accredited educational institutions (primary and secondary schools) for up to 3 years.
Teachers participating in this program will be able to learn U.S. methods of teaching while also bringing an international perspective to U.S. classrooms.
What are the requirements for sponsorship?
Alliance Abroad Group does not place teachers. You must have an opportunity arranged prior to applying for sponsorship. To participate in the J-1 Teacher Exchange program you must:
- Meet the qualifications for teaching in primary or secondary schools in your country of nationality or last legal residence;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience or related professional experience;
- Satisfy the standards of the U.S. state in which you will teach;
- Be seeking to enter the United States for the purpose of teaching full time at a primary or secondary accredited educational institution, and;
- Possess sufficient proficiency in English language to participate in your program.
What is the program’s length?
Under the J-1 Teacher Exchange Program, you may stay in the U.S. for up to 3 years.