Thanksgiving: Encounter Culture November 2013
Alliance Abroad’s Recommendations:
- Thanksgiving Potluck – All you need to do is determine a location, send an evite, and donate the turkey. Most international participants have never experienced an American Thanksgiving and all that festivities that come with it. Click here for Classic Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes.
- Thanksgiving Bulletin Board – Does your organization have a key employee area? If so, maybe this is a perfect opportunity to create a Thanksgiving Bulletin Board or Wall. You can ask your staff some simple questions:
- “What is your favorite family Thanksgiving tradition?”
- “What is one thing you are thankful for?”
- “What is your favorite Thanksgiving leftover dish?”
This board can be used to promote cultural awareness to both your American and international employees.
- Host A Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade Viewing Party – Most of our host employers are in the restaurant and hospitality industry, and will be open for Thanksgiving, but you could TEVO/DVR the famous parade and host a viewing party with all the favorite Thanksgiving desserts; like pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheese cake, pecan pie, apple pie, sweet potato pie, or cranberry upside down cake. For creative dessert ideas click here