Positions: Food & Beverage Attendant with bar experience
Location: 4 Star Resort in Whitsunday Islands (Queensland, Australia)
Pay Rate: $17.14 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Position Overview: To ensure that the first to the last impressions the guest receives are favorable.
Earn Money on a Working Holiday
PR: Austin, TX July 8, 2013 Interested in traveling to Australia? Seriously, who wouldn’t be? Is money the only thing holding you back? What if you could work abroad in Australia and make money on a 6 or 12-month holiday in Australia?
Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it? Well, it is!
Alliance Abroad Group will secure you a job at a well-respected, luxury resort in Australia before you even book your trip! That’s right. When you land in Australia you will have:
- A guaranteed paying job (up to $25/hr)
- 2 nights accommodation upon arrival (to get you settled in)
- Help finding safe, affordable housing (some employers provide housing)
- Tax File Number & consultation with TaxBack
- Assistance with your tax refund (yes, you will get a nice tax refund!)
- Australian SIM card with a $10 credit included
- Medicare set up (eligible nationalities only)
- On-ground orientation and training (learn the “no-worries” culture)
Most all the positions Alliance Abroad places participants in for their Work Experience Australia program are hospitality jobs at luxury resorts throughout Australia for either a 6 or 12-month experience.
The eligibility requirements for this working holiday package are:
- Be between the ages of 18 to 30 at time of application
- Have a passport and a high school diploma (or equivalent qualification)
- Have not entered Australia on a Working Holiday (417) or Work & Holiday (462) visa
- Have at least 1 year experience in the food service or hospitality industry
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Chile, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Uruguay or Turkey
Based on your qualifications and interests, you’ll be placed in one of the high-end resorts or tourist destinations in Australia. Perhaps you’ll enjoy the colorful marine life in the Great Barrier Reef, or find yourself in the modern, sophisticated Darwin. Maybe you’ll be a surf instructor in Sydney at the popular Bondi Beach, or work the front desk at a luxury hotel in Melbourne. Are you an adventurous explorer? Consider the indigenous Outback of Uluru, or the breathtaking lush landscape of Tasmania. There are heaps of jobs and possibilities in Australia.
What do you have to do in order to find yourself making money and enjoying the life “down under”?
There is a small application fee in order to begin the process of being set up with Skype interviews with Australian employers, and there is a program fee, but your program fee may be paid with your income tax return (speak to your representative about this option). If you would like more information before making a decision:
- Request More Information (to speak with a representative)
- Look at Current Positions available in Australia
- Check out a spotlight on location for available positions in: Tasmania
Alliance Abroad Group: Helping people write their own stories through cultural exchange since 1992.
We’ve been listening a lot to what people like you are wanting from a working holiday program. Some prefer the security of a guaranteed job lined up for them even before departing to Australia. For those, our Work Experience Australia program is perfect.
Others, however, prefer jumping on a plane and figuring out what’s available once they get to their destination. Maybe you don’t want to stay in the same location; you’d rather wander from city to city in order to take in the everyday culture of a new place. It is for you, the adventurous traveler, that we’ve created the Freestyle Australia package. (more…)
The AAG team has been working harder than ever to deliver the best program options and features to you. Thanks to growing demand for the Work Experience Australia program along with the partnerships we’ve been able to secure in Australia, we are now reconfiguring our program package to offer you even more value while paying less! Say whaaa? That’s right, we’ve been able to consolidate resources and pass along the savings to you. Now your dream of working abroad in Australia and experiencing their awesome “no worries” culture just got one step closer to an attainable reality.
Professional Career Development
Here’s the deal… we have heaps of paying hospitality jobs for young professionals that want to develop their career in Australia. The previous program price for a 6-month work experience with guaranteed paid position was $2,500 USD. Now, the program fee is $2,500 $1,375 USD (only $275 deposit due at sign up) for a 6-month placement or $2,500 (only $500 due at sign up) for a 12-month placement.
Plus, for a limited number of those who qualify, a deferred payment financing option is available. Pay the program fee with your tax refund after you return home. Some special conditions apply, so be sure to ask an enrollment advisor for details.
What’s your idea of a dream job? How about a festival and event reviewer in the energetic and vibrant city of Sydney, Australia. Perhaps you’d love to be a wildlife caretaker. Or, imagine waking up each morning to report to duty on a tropical beach adjacent to the colorful Great Barrier Reef.
Well, your chance to land a dream job in Australia is finally here.
Tourism Australia will give away six of their “best jobs in the world” as part of a $4 million youth tourism campaign designed to attract working holiday participants to the country.
Each of the jobs offered will highlight the best attributes of each Australian state and territory.
So, what are your chances of winning one of the six “best jobs in the world” offered through the campaign? Uh, not good. Thousands, even millions, will attempt to land one of these coveted positions. But fear not! We are offering a ton of equally amazing paid hospitality jobs in Australia that are much more attainable (providing you have some professional experience).
For tips on how to get one step closer toward your dream job abroad, read our blog post, “How to Apply for the Best Jobs in Australia.”
Planning for your summer internship abroad can be so exciting; but, it can also create anxiety if you don’t have a clear idea of what you need to do before you depart.
Step one: take a deep breath.
If you’re traveling overseas as part of an organized internship program, you’ll most likely have access to a support network that can help guide you through your travel planning. For example, Alliance Abroad Group offers pre-departure coaching and 24/7 support in Australia through our on-the-ground partner, Work Intern Travel (WIT).
Step two: use the check list below to ensure you are prepared for your working holiday or internship abroad.
Things to do before you embark on your paid internship abroad:
- Make sure to save up sufficient pocket money (for fun and for emergencies)
- Find out (and make a record of) the location and contact information for your embassy in the host country
- Scan all of your personal documents required for travel and save them—along with important information about your program (emergency contact numbers, housing address, itineraries, etc.)—to the cloud. You can also email them to yourself. That way, you’ll be able to access information and copies of important documents via the web should you misplace the physical copies while abroad.
- Share your itinerary, travel plans, and in-country contact information with your parents (or someone you trust) so they’ll know how to reach you.
- Work with your program sponsor to understand any supplied medical coverage you’ll have while abroad.
- If you normally take regular medication, plan to have a full supply with you (and documentation of your need) for the duration of your stay abroad. Also, you may want to, not only locate pharmacies near the location of your internship, but call and confirm that you will be able to access the medication you need should you have to order more while in country.
- Become familiar with the local laws, rules, and customs of the country to which you are traveling.
- If you are a student, consider getting an International Student ID Card. The card is recognized worldwide (accepted in 120 countries) and may offer discounts on transportation, restaurants, and other items purchased while in country.
- Research ATM locations, local currency exchange rates and fees, and the types of cards that are accepted internationally. You’ll also want to notify your bank and credit card providers of your travel dates so they won’t flag overseas purchases as potential fraud.
Going abroad to explore a new culture or participate in a working holiday should be an exciting adventure, not something that causes anxiety–and it doesn’t have to be. Just take some time to work with your program sponsor to ensure you’re well prepared for the time of your life overseas.
Interested in paid hospitality internships and working holidays in Australia? Take a look at some of the paid positions available now through Alliance Abroad Group’s Work Experience Australia program.