Tourism Australia’s Best Jobs in the World Winners Announced!
Tourism Australia, in partnership with STA Travel, held a contest for the “Best Jobs in the World” in Australia. This campaign attracted 330,000 applicants from 196 nations promoting exciting opportunities to work “best jobs in the world” in different regions of Australia, including “Chief Funster”, “Outback Adventurer”, and “Taste Master”
The 6 winners have been announced!
Last Friday, Australia selected:
- Andrew Smith, a Californian as “Chief Funster” in New South Wales
- Allan Dixon, an Irish Internet entrepreneur as “Outback Adventurer” in the Northern Territory
- Elisa Detrez, from France as “Park Ranger” in Queensland
- Canadian Greg Snell as “Wildlife Caretaker” in South Australia
- Brazilian Roberto Seba as “Lifestyle Photographer” in Melbourne
- Britain’s Rich Keam as “Taste Master” in Western Australia
A seventh job was awarded by Virgin Australia to Cameron Ernst from the USA, who will fly the length and breadth of the country as the airline’s new ‘High Flyer’, championing Australia’s best customer service experiences. More info here: Australia Best Jobs in the World
Congratulations to the winners!
For everyone else…there is still hope to land a job in Australia! If you are interested in a job opportunity in Australia, visit Alliance Abroad Group’s Work Experience Australia page. Several positions are available all throughout Australia beginning NOW through this winter.
Take a 6 or 12 month working holiday in Australia! Be a Surf Instructor in Sydney, or work in the hospitality field at one of many high-end luxury resorts and hotels throughout Australia.