Employers all over the world are complaining that recent graduates just aren’t ready for the workplace. According to a 2013 survey by textbook company Chegg, conducted by Harris International, employers say graduates don’t know how to prioritize, don’t know how to talk to clients or superiors and don’t know how to make decisions. Employers are frustrated and graduates are finding themselves in over their heads and drowning. One solution they might want to investigate: Send these students to Australia. No, not because Australia used to be a penal colony, but because Australia’s work culture is a great training ground for students and new grads to learn to quickly make themselves valuable team members. (more…)
According to a recent survey by Internships.com, 66% of employers said that solid interview performance and practical experience are the most important qualities they look for among potential hires. What better way to gain real-world experience and strengthen confidence in your interviewing capabilities than a hospitality internship abroad through Work Experience Australia? Here are 5 reasons why:
When you participate in this program, you not only are guaranteed a paid position among one of the finest tourist destinations in the world, you will also:
1. Learn how to tweak the stuff you put on your resume so it gets noticed
2. Get advice about what employers want to see during the interview process
3. Build experience by working for luxury resorts and respected companies in the industry
4. Develop communication skills by interacting with people from all over the world
5. Gain an enlightened perspective on how businesses operate in a global economy
Curious about the other details collected by that 2012 Internship.com student/employer survey? Check out the nifty infographic below.
Ready to find a summer internship abroad or a paid hospitality internship in Australia? Browse open positions now.