Sydney's Darling Harbour: Chef Positions
Start Date: September/October
Location: Sydney’s Darling Harbour
Sydney’s Darling Harbour: Chef Positions
Novotel Darling Harbour is currently seeking Chefs to join their dynamic and professional team. Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Kitchen department.
If you enjoy variety in your day and are passionate about food preparation and presentation as well as delivering quality cuisine with a flair – then this is a role for you!
Essential duties for the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with ordering necessary food items accordingly to business needs and demands.
- Work with and coordinate the work of Apprentice Chefs in the preparation and production of food as required.
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, within the cost margins specified by the hotel.
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage, whereby you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining stock control procedures.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy. Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned.
In order to be successful for this role, you will have a demonstrated and genuine passion for Food and Beverage. You are trade qualified and have previous experience in a similar role or environment. You are customer service driven and have the capacity to multi-task. You cope well under pressure and have the ability to meet tight deadlines. You are available to work varied shifts, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and public holidays. You have the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.