Hospitality & Tourism Internships
“The view I and guests get to see every day is amazing! I can’t believe I get to work in such a beautiful place. This has been one of the best experiences of my life so far.” –Sally M.
Develop your hospitality career! Job Placement Before you Arrive in Australia
Add color to your resume and the gain international experience while exploring the friendly “no worries” culture down under. We have heaps of paid hospitality internships and jobs waiting for you. Land a 6 or 12-month position with a luxury resort or in a popular tourist destination with guaranteed job placement arranged prior to your arrival. Our experienced team will walk you through the entire process–matching you with the right employer, guiding you through interviews, and helping you get settled upon arrival in Australia. This is your chance earn money, have fun, and stand out–Aussie style!
What will I be doing?
Work Experience Australia will give you the opportunity to gain valuable direct exposure and insight into the hospitality industry in the fields of culinary, food and beverage, guest services, and more. Work side-by-side with top culinary and hospitality professionals in one of the most highly respected tourist destinations in the world.
We are now accepting applications for:
- Cooks and Kitchen Staff
- Food & Beverage Attendants
- Bartenders and Bar Staff
- Porters and Steward
- Surf Instructors
- Front Desk Guest Services
- Guest Room Attendants
Am I eligible?
We’re looking for responsible, reliable, friendly professionals and hospitality students that have an interest in exploring new places and meeting new people. If you take pride in what you do, love to learn, and often step in to lend a hand without being asked, then you’re a great candidate!
You must also meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 to 30 at time of application
- Have a passport and a high school diploma (or equivalent qualification)
- Have not entered Australia on a Working Holiday (417) or Work & Holiday (462) visa
- Have at least 1 year experience in the food service or hospitality industry
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Chile, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Uruguay or Turkey.
Based on your qualifications, you’ll be placed in one of the high-end, luxury resorts or tourist destinations in Australia. Perhaps you’ll get to enjoy the colorful marine life adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef or find yourself in the modern and sophisticated of Darwin. Are you an adventurous explorer? Consider the indigenous outback of Uluru or the breathtaking lush landscape of Tasmania.
Looking for a position in one of Australia’s popular major cities? Upgrade your package to get preferred placement in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne for just $130 USD more.
Why go through Alliance Abroad? What’s included in the cost?
- Guaranteed 6 or 12-month* paid job placement secured prior to departure
- Professional review and optimization of your CV/Resume
- 1-on-1 support through the application, interview and on-boarding process
- We help you find and secure safe, affordable housing
- 2 nights accommodation upon arrival to Australia
- 24/7 support and access to a 24-hour emergency number
- Tax File Number set up and consultation with TaxBack
- Australian SIM card with a $10 credit included
- Medicare set up (eligible nationalities only)
- On-ground orientation and training
- Access to special events and cultural information
- Assistance with your tax refund
*For 12-month placements, a 6-month placement is guaranteed prior to departure to Australia; another 6-month placement will be arranged while you’re in country.
The program fee does not include rent, meals, flight, or the $365 AUD visa application fee.
Is travel medical insurance included?
Travel medical insurance and trip cancellation insurance are available for purchase (for U.S. citizens). We’ve teamed up with International Medical Group to offer Alliance Abroad Group participants whom are traveling outside of the U.S. optional travel insurance coverage. Medical plans start at just under $47 USD per month; trip cancellation plans are only $26.70 USD per month. Learn more about travel medical insurance and enroll here.
Deferred Payment Financing Available
We’ve teamed up with TaxBack to offer deferred payment of the program fee for those who qualify. Why pay your fee upfront when you can wait until you get your tax return back (which in many cases is in excess of the initial program fee)? Just pay the program deposit and your flight up front to start your working holiday adventure in Australia. Ask an enrollment associate for details.
Tell me more about the program fee. Will I get any of that money back?
Since the jobs are being offered under a cultural exchange program, there is a program fee which may be recovered upon completion of your employment term (it will come in the form of a tax reimbursement). As a non-resident of Australia, you are eligible for a refund of some income taxes paid during your employment term. In many cases, this refund is in excess of the initial program fee. AAG will help facilitate this refund for you, making this an almost zero cost endeavor!
How do I apply?
1) Make sure that you meet program eligibility requirements listed above
2) Use our template to prepare your CV/Resume
3) Start your online application
4) Pay your deposit
5) Get ready for the time of your life
Our enrollment associates will contact you shortly to discuss your preferences and assist you through the entire interview and placement process.