Live and Work in Alice Springs
The Spiritual Heart of Australia
We are seeking those who are passionate about food, bars, restaurants, banquets and most importantly, guest service, to work as a Food & Beverage Attendant as part of your hospitality work placement. You will be working across several Food & Beverage hotel outlets and functions, including The Deck Eatery, Springs Breakfast Restaurant, Pool Bar, Mini Bar and Room Service.
Additionally, you will provide support as a member of the banqueting team, who are responsible for the set- up and service at conferences, weddings and other events both on-site as well as at various locations around Alice Springs.
You will be passionate about genuine customer interactions and ensuring that each of our guests and customers receive exceptional service. This hotel’s goal is to ensure that staff shows that they CARE and Create A Rewarding Experience for the guests, as well as the community and fellow team members.
Tasks you will perform include:
- Making coffees, cocktails and other alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages
- Taking orders, interacting with customers, making suggestions
- Assisting with guest queries and questions Managing the daily mini bar restock
- Setting up restaurants, banquets and functions
- Quality checking and delivery of meals to tables
- Taking room service orders and delivering room service to guests Maintaining general restaurant and back of house area cleanliness Ensuring a consistent standard of polished glasses and silverware
- Work as an attendant in various banquets, including plated dinners, buffet, cocktail reception, degustation and more
Your hourly rate will be $22.08/h (plus superannuation and leave entitlements) and you can expect to work on shifts across a seven day roster, including some split shifts.
Your benefits and entitlements extend further – you will have the opportunity to complete courses through the prestigious hotel University, their online e-Learning platform; and will be entitled to a range of other benefits and discounts throughout your employment as part of a membership to the hotel Rewards Club. You will have access to additional local discounts and benefits, as well as a uniform provided and laundered, and a free duty meal on shift.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to get experience in a global hospitality chain and to have a unique Australian outback experience while doing it. You will be joining an award winning hotel in the fields of catering, sustainability and community engagement; who is part of the Worldwide network of ten hotel brands, more than 4,000 hotels and more than 300,000 team members.